Eccel Technology Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Eccel Technology Ltd of 198 Station Road, Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8GT United Kingdom.
Registered in England – 5614911.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites www.eccel.co.uk, www.ibtechnology.co.uk and www.buyrfid.co.uk . This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete reviews and surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not use or share or distribute your data with any third parties for any marketing purposes. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our sister company Line One Sales Ltd and our supplier partners as is necessary to best fulfil our business with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of sale, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eccel Technology Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The period for which we will keep your information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data, in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology. We will keep the personal data you have provided for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once that relationship has ended we will retain it in accordance with this Policy only for as long as we reasonably require.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. From 25 May 2018 onwards, we will ask you by email contact before sending you anything if you wish to opt in to marketing material from us such as updates about new products that we feel you may be interested in. You will need to reply by email agreeing to receive such material or we will assume that you do not wish to receive such material and not send you anything. You can opt in or opt out at any time by informing us of your desire to do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act and GDPR regulations give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these acts and regulations. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.