The Pepper C1 multiplexer (Pepper C1 MUX) are our latest standard products.
They offer a very powerful, wireless reader with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE capability. These low-cost, full RFID/NFC read/write devices can operate in both host connected and standalone mode. The modules support the following RF protocols:
- Read/Write support for MIFARE® Classic® in 1K, 4K memory
- ISO/IEC 15693 reader (ICODE)
- R/W support MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1/EV2, MIFARE Plus® cards
- CRYPTO in HW for R/W of MIFARE product-based cards
The Pepper C1 MUX devices are equipped with eight sockets for external antennas, an LED for identification of a tag in the reading field, mounting holes for ease of attachment and flexible plated connection holes. There are four Pepper C1 MUX device options based on the hard-wired interface supported by each (UART, RS232, RS485 or USB).
These devices are an ideal choice for any user wishing to add RFID capability to their design quickly and easily, without the need to connect multiple individual readers in series. These devices offer the significant advantage of enabling performance RFID to be integrated within a host system without the requirement of any RFID expert knowledge on the part of the User. We offer full expert technical support to assist customers in setting up and operating these readers through our free support libraries on our website and team of experts.
Eccel Technology Ltd provides a range of RFID antennas which are matched and tuned to work together with these devices.
Supply voltage range: 3.3 – 5.5 V
Interfaces and features:
- USB, RS485, RS232 or 3.3V TTL UART interface versions.
- Wi-Fi – built in Web Interface to configure protocols, poling mode etc. The module can operate as Wi-Fi Client or Access Point
- Simple binary protocol for all commands available via RS232/UART and network protocols like TCP sockets, WebSocets
- MQTT client – module can be connected to MQTT server and send messages with UID, type in JSON format.
- Bluetooth LE ready – hardware supports Bluetooth and this interfaces will be available in the feature
- OTA Updates – all new features or user suggestions will be available for free thanks to Over The Air updates. Free firmware upgrades by connection to the download section on our website will be available for life on product.
Eccel can also offer modifications to these standard products as part of our custom design capability, to suit specific integration needs as required.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about the custom design partnerships we offer.